Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Switching Gears...

I've been delinquent, yes, I have. It's not due to lack of things to say about the opposite sex and dating but more a lack of interest from my end. I've been doing a lot of ruminating and I think it's time that I just get rid of the stringency and just talk about life, love and my musings of it. Since, this blog is respectfully titled life musings, it should talk about my daily life and my thoughts about it. Phew, now that I've said that, it takes a load off my shoulders just to know I can also write about motherhood, work, clients, friends, etc. you know, daily life occurrences. So, let's talk about motherhood today, since, Mother's Day was just yesterday.

Motherhood's definition is: The state of being a mother. hhhmm, simple and concise and yet within those words come so much complexity, so much emotion, so much responsibility. In my humble opinion, being a mother is the hardest, most rewarding volunteer job anyone can and will ever tackle in their life. The minute one becomes a mother, their life changes, they are now living for themself and their child. I wonder sometimes, if maternal instincts are present in women before or after the birth of a child. Are some women more maternal than others? Perhaps. All I know is, I can only talk about my own experience as a mom. And that I can do and do well.

I didn't want to find out if the baby was a boy or a girl, I wanted it to be a surprise. When the doctor said, it's a girl, I remember tears came rushing through my eyes, I had no idea I could cry so instantaneously, I didn't know where the tears were coming from, all I know was, there was overwhelming love and joy in my heart and the only way my body could prevent my heart from exploding off of my chest was to release some fluids out of my tear ducts. When I heard her first cry, there were more tears but within the tears, I felt a great want to protect her, to give her everything in the world, to make her happy, to love her forever. When the doctor handed her to me, I was over the moon, I could not believe my eyes, she was perfect. Those perfectly shaped brown eyes, her cute button nose, her heart shaped lips, her beautiful black head of hair, her toes, her fingers - she was everything I didnt even know I wanted. I could not wrap my head around it, she was breathtaking and she came from me. It was a miracle, indeed.

She is now 10 years old and she still stirs these kinds of emotions within me. I watched her grow through the years and I have to say, everyday, before my eyes, I witness an on going miracle. She is my life, my love and my soul. She owns my heart. She is my everything. From diapers to sippie cups, from cute little dresses to skinny jeans. She has grown to be a wonderful, smart, articulate, well-rounded, beautiful girl and I am so grateful for her, for this journey that she takes with me, for the memories, for the lessons of life, for the friendship, for the happy tears, for the hugs and the kisses and the opportunity to be her mom and share my life with her. I look at life through her eyes and boy, what wonderful things, I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment